Food plays an essential role in the health of your skin. And there’s one delicious recipe that will give you an energy boost and delivers a dose of fruits good for skin: this healthy green smoothie.
This is the perfect drink to make in the morning when you’re on the go. Many fruits and vegetables combine well in a smoothie, like this combination:
- 2 cups plain coconut water
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled & sliced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or flaxseed oil
- Your Daily dose of BalanceOil AquaX or BalanceOil+ (optional)
The best fruit for skin
This is a powerful recipe to improve the integrity of your skin, thanks to a few hero ingredients. Avocado hydrates the skin, giving it a natural dewy glow. It delivers a serving of antioxidants, minerals, Omega-9, Vitamin C and E. These nutrients help to boost collagen production and soothe the skin.
Mango and pineapple feature skin-glowing carotenoids and a high potency of Vitamin C, which is key to supporting an increase in collagen (for strength and firmness). Carotenoids (first of all beta-carotene) are the most powerful when they turn into Vitamin A – a nutrient we need for healthy skin, both for its appearance and protective qualities.
Your greens, like spinach and kale, are nutrient-dense superfoods that work to remove impurities from the body. Flaxseed oil offers fatty acids that harmonize the skin, aiding the repair process. The potassium and moisture characteristics of banana keep your complexion soft and supple. Vitamin A restores and smoothens roughness. And, coconut water supports nutrient absorption, hydrates and cleanses, and aids anti-aging.
But this healthy fruit smoothie is more than a morning burst of nutrients for the skin if you add in one extra ingredient.
Just add BalanceOil AquaX or BalanceOil+
Fatty fish is great for overall health as it’s rich in Omega-3. However, it isn’t always realistic to consume every day. With BalanceOil AquaX, you won’t have to miss out on those skin-loving Omega-3 essential fatty acids. It’s a new iteration of Zinzino’s famous Omega-3, Olive Polyphenols and Vitamin D3 combination, BalanceOil+. This water-soluble, wild fish Polyphenol Omega Balance food supplement is perfect for smoothies because you can’t taste the flavor.
What does BalanceOil+ do? It helps protect cells from rusting (oxidation)1 and safely adjusts the body’s Omega-6:3 ratio. It supports normal cell division2, immune function3, and adds important nutrients for the skin that many of us aren’t consuming enough of through diet.
Nourish the skin from within (and topically)
Start your morning with these anti-aging foods in smoothie form and follow it up with a systematic skincare routine. Get a subtle golden glow with the help of beta-carotene (also found in your smoothie), the natural color sourced from various fruits and vegetables. In time, after repeated use (and smoothies), you’ll notice a subtle golden glow. It’s the same healthy, attractive bloom that comes with eating a nutritious, balanced diet. The kind of complexion you just know is from a lifestyle dedicated to well-being.
Smooth, strong, resilient skin that looks great throughout the years isn’t as hard to maintain as you once thought.
Add these healthy smoothie recipe ingredients to your shopping list, and start using Zinzino’s Skin Serum simultaneously. “You’re glowing” will take on a whole new meaning.
Click here for more healthy recipe ideas.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Olive oil polyphenols contribute to the protection of blood lipids from oxidative stress. Replacing saturated fats in the diet with unsaturated fats contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. Oleic acid is an unsaturated fat. The claim may be used only for olive oil which contains at least 5 mg of hydroxytyrosol and its derivatives (e.g. oleuropein complex and tyrosol) per 20 g of olive oil. In order to bear the claim, information shall be given to the consumer that the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 20 g of olive oil.
- Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division. The claim may be used only for food which is at least a source of vitamin D as referred to in the claim SOURCE OF vitamin D as listed in the Annex to Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system. The claim may be used only for food which is at least a source of vitamin D as referred to in the claim SOURCE OF vitamin D as listed in the Annex to Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006